Sunday, June 9, 2013

Workout length and controlling your mind

I am asked over and over again how many hours a day I have to spend at the gym to get and maintain the results that I have. The truth of the matter is that I only run for 20 MINUTES A DAY. I average going to workout six days a week. You do not have to plod along for hour after hour on the treadmill to get results. In fact, most people who spend large amounts of time do not get the results that they want. You must work to your full ability. You have to push yourself. Short amounts of high-intensity training are much better than extended bouts of slow training. Your mind gives up long before your body gives up. When your mind says "That's it, I'm tired" you know you are at about 75% of maximum. You need to recognize this and push beyond this limitation. Weight loss is all mental. This is why I tell people that they must take control of their mind before they can take control of their body. It is by far the hardest part of weight loss but it is the only way that the weight will come off and stay off for good. Change your mind, change your body and change your life. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment