Saturday, June 29, 2013

Excuses

I invite people to workout with me all the time but I am constantly met with excuses.  Some people ask me what I am doing and when I ask them to come with me to the gym I always hear one reason after another why they can/t go.  Do you use any excuses to limit your workouts?  "I have to get sleep."  "I don't get up that early."  "I don't have an alarm clock."  "You workout at what time?"  These time excuses just don't cut it with me.  If you want to be successful, you may have to give up sleep.  Sometimes you may have to go without sleep.  Yes, I said it.  You may only get a couple of hours of sleep sometimes because you have to make a decision that nothing is going to stop you from going to work on yourself.  Do you think there will be time later?  When is later going to get here?  Life is not unlimited and we cannot wait for the time to be just right because it will never be just right. There will always be obstacles in our way as to why we can't do something about ourselves.  The problem is THAT IS WHAT MAKES US FAT. EXCUSES. I ought to know, I used plenty of them myself.  Its not that you don't have the time, its that you won't make the time.  You have to decide that no matter what you will work on yourself every day.  Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live.  Sure its hard to get up and workout.  I would love to sleep in every day and not go to the gym but I know that is not going to keep me healthy.  You aren't any good to anyone if you are sick or dead.  It may be hard to get up and workout but it is really hard to give yourself an insulin injection three times a day and it is really hard to walk when your arteries are clogged.  It is very difficult to be much help to yourself or your family when you have heart disease.  Once these problems creep in it is much harder to get rid of them.  Start today while you still can.  Decide and change.  Lifting weights at the gym is hard but it is much harder to live a life of regret. That weighs on you much more than a dumbell.  Take a look in the mirror and make that change.

No comments:

Post a Comment